Thursday, April 06, 2006

An easy 13 miles?

I know that phrase is hardly spoken let alone thought by many people out there. But, this phrase has truth behind it. Well, let me rephrase: It was an easy 13 miles for me. Yes, I was running slow and yes, I did break it up. But, I did 13 miles and wasn't all that sore, didn't want to cut my legs off, wasn't bleeding. I did 9.5 in the morning at a relaxed 8:30/mi; then Stevie decided he was going to run, so I went with him. A nice and easy run through the park turned into running through a mud-laden trail. I had mud caked on my legs up to my knees. It was awesome. Potentially the most fun that I've had on that trail. And... while running in the park we spotted a deer no more than 20 yards away, another bonus. Good to know that the water table in and around Terre Haute still supports life other than the 80,000 flocks of birds that circle around town darkening the sky like an impending apocalypse. (another story)

So, after a long day of 13 what did I decide to do? Refer to my last post: point A. I decided to do an easy run. Sounds like a good idea right? Well, my easy run turned into a 6 min/mi 5K. Not my fastest pace, but close. I had to run. It was 68 degrees, sunny, with no wind. If I didn't run I would have a nervous breakdown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home