Friday, February 10, 2006

Run Tracker

Hola kiddies,
I have just found my new favorite website. I have sent the link to some of you, but in case I didn't, here it is: America's Running Routes It is better than the running paths that Runner's World has as their monthly focus. Their runs are in places like Key West or through Central Park or somewhere like that. Somewhere not many people visit on a regular basis, well that I don't visit on a regular basis. That's because I'm poor, and apparently will always be if I can't graduate and pay off my f-ing loans.

A little personal aside for me: the feeling that I have towards Pathology right now defies description. It is truly ineffable because of all the emotion tied up in it. It truly pisses me off when I study like crazy for a test and subsequently fail it. Yes, medical students fail exams. It happens, quite frequently apparently. As long as you pass the final, you pass the class. And then, as if that wasn't enough to have someone, who will remain nameless, tell you that tuition is going up 12-20% next year. Just kick me in the nuts face to face. Don't hide behind a desk and a plaque and think that since the govt. cut your funding you can donkey punch all the medical students at the nation's second largest medical school. Cut your own salary and maybe don't spend $500 million for an expansion of a hosptial. How about you stop dicking us around. I think that we have enough, as students and as people trying to live our lives, to worry about without you putting more financial burden upon us. Thanks to all the Deans at IUSM. I appreciate it.

On a happier note, I will be making a trip to Columbus in two weeks to talk about Region V AMA issues. This is a great opportunity to network with other students, learn about some interesting topics from guest lecturers, learn about residency opportunities in Ohio, and to party with people that I haven't seen every day for the last 18 mos. of my shitty existence in this port-a-potty of a town. Bonus: it is all paid for by people who are so wrapped up in their lives and who are so hell-bent upon making a name for themselves, they will do anything to get a good review of their center. I swear the management of this center is here solely to make a name for themselves and prove to someone that they are worthy of something else, something more. God forbid that these jerk-offs (and by these, I mean one jerk-off and his subsequent secretary) are allowed to have more power over people. I think that vindication will be had when, as an alumnus, I will make explicit instructions that my donations NOT be given to any fund this a-hole has any hand in. I would like nothing more for him to take a leave of absence for him to go to Australia, or where ever he thinks is best to follow around some guy who knows Tai-Chi. He worships this guy like the messiah simply because he made his own form of Tai-Chi or knows the 13 styles of Tai-Chi, something asinine like that. (I understand this is a bit hard to follow without names or situations, but that's just the way it has to be right now.)

Enough ranting, check out the USATF website and plan your next run or ride with confidence in the mileage you are traversing.

Check back soon for more websites related to running or cycling or something that will get you off your gluts and outside.

-Seacrest out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home