Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Size: Is it really worth everything?

The entire world took a further step into the toilet this last year. A Reuters news story today stated an incredible finding. The Long and Short of it According to researchers in Europe, if there is such a thing, the most hyped surgery currently is penis enlargement. Who or what is to thank for all this hype? Spam. All that crap that you receive in your inbox has contributed to a slew of morons actually partaking in this ridiculous surgery, genital cosmetic surgery. Yes, you read that correctly, genital, not general, genial, nor congenital, genital cosmetic surgery. (A side note: this is not limited to males. Females are partaking in this slew of idiocy as well.) I can't make this stuff up, it's too unbelievable.

A further factor in this perpetuation of nonsense are shows like Nip/Tuck on FX, A Gender Story on TLC, and True Life, I'm Addicted to Plastic Surgery on MTV. I saw something on Nip/Tuck where a woman had her lips implanted onto her labia. On MTV, they had some woman that had over 60 plastic surgeries. I'm sure at least one of them was on her vagina. I know she had her breasts done a couple times. Alright, I made up the gender story thing, but I did watch something on TLC about a doc who had "gender reassignment surgery" and then performed them for s/her patients. (It was on at like 2AM, and I have a touch of insomnia sometimes. I think it comes with the territory.) Conflict of interest? You decide. I digress.

Few questions: Are these emails portraying the entire truth about the surgery? (Need you really ask this?) Are these morons satisfied with their enlargement surgeries? (and finally, for my own personal benefit) What is the average increase in size? Is it worth it?

A further question: what insurance do you have that will pay for this thing? "Excuse me, I'd like to enlarge my penis. Is that included in my policy?" I can only imagine the expression on the insurance agent's face.

Okay, here we go: Are these emails 100% truthful? Absolutely not. These emails, in addition to being inaccurate and giving unrealistic expectations, are downright criminal, but then again, they are targeting morons. "Stupid is forever."- Ron White. Are these bozos satisfied with going under general anesthetic and having someone needlessly cut on their penises? Nope. According to these researchers, the dissatisfaction rate was in excess of 70%, and most men asked for another surgical procedure. Okay, the question that you all want to know. What is the average increase in size? A whopping 1.3 cm, which is roughly half an inch. Now, if you only have a 3 inch penis (erect) to begin with, that is a 16.67% increase in size, which you might consider to be worth it. But, if you have a 3 inch penis to begin with, you should probably keep that to yourself. You know should know that even the docs doing this procedure will be laughing at you. Take my advice for what you will. I am not a physician.

The most interesting line of this article was the last one, stating that patients inquiring about this surgery should be referred to psychological counseling. The results of this study are reported in the journal of European Urology.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Women have been nipping, tucking, stretching and sucking the age out of their bodies for more than twenty years. Is it really all that surprising that men have begun to use surgery to remedy their small penis fears? Not really.
So I say to all those cheese wheel penis men out there suffering in silence... go claim your 1.3 inches and begin to bone with confidence. Just don't expect to bone me.

2/15/2006 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home