Thursday, December 01, 2005

Study time

Let it begin: the coked out, caffiene fueled, eyes bloodshot, cranky, contemplating quitting, ever-closer to psychotic break, fun-filled study week. All leading up to the anti-climactic finals week. All this work for 2 freaking exams. That sounds familiar, where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, comprehensive exams for undergrad. Nothing better than studying for ever class in your major all packed into two days. Or, if you are a big enough masochist, you double major and have four days of tests. Joy.

On the bright side, I'm catching up on my reading of dilated cardiomyopathy and giant cell arteritis, everyone's favorite topics. My goal is to ingest 2 gallons of coffee in the period of a week and a half. Think I can do it? Think I can't? I used to drink a pot a day in undergrad during comps studying and finals week. I'll keep you updated on my quest for permanent tachycardia (that's a rapid heart rate for those not of the medical world). What's my incentive you ask? Why would you do this to yourself? Why not? What the hell else do I have to do other than study for the next week and a half? I'm not dating anyone, through no fault of my own, well recently that is. I have zero personal ties, except to some people in my class and a few of those are loose connections. And so... a nod to one of my exes, who tried to get me to quit drinking caffiene. Up yours! I'm trading in my caffiene free chai for ultra-caffienated coffee. Let the jitters and palpatations begin.

Playlist: anything that will keep me awake and studying (techno)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home