Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Legs: RETURNED

This story was recently brought to my attention by one of my readers and friends. In an update to one of my previous posts entitled Give me my leg back!! I chronicled a young 16 year old girl who was hit by a car and had her leg amputated (I don't know if it was ATK or BTK so don't ask). She was fitted for a prosthesis and went on with her life, until that device along with another was stolen from her house in Arcadia, CA. The legs, not stolen once, but twice were recently found in the mother's unlocked car in Arcadia High School's parking lot. The legs were returned in working order, but with graffiti on them. The girl was to pick up another replacement leg this Friday. Teen's stolen legs returned

Okay, so someone stole the legs. For whatever purpose we will never know. Vandalized them, and then returned them. I'm so flabbergasted it's unbelieveable. And did you notice that the mother's car was unlocked in the parking lot? I don't know what kind of town these people live in, but if my daughter's LEGS were stolen from our house, I'd be at least locking my car doors. Maybe there is another underlying subplot that the media isn't reporting (I know, imagine that. The media not report the whole story?). Maybe it's possible that this girl routinely beat people over the head with her legs. Maybe she used them as air guitars. Maybe she threw them like boomerangs. And the person who stole the legs was the usual target of these attacks. Maybe they were protecting themselves from assault by stealing this girl's legs. Maybe they were taking them for their little sister who was also hit by a car (I've proposed this theory before). Maybe... No, probably not. These morons that stole the legs were probably just that morons, trying to be funny or trying to support their crack habit the only way they knew how: stealing. Either way, karma will follow these theives and they will be paid their retribution sooner or later.

Another idea: put a tracking device on those legs, damn. Trick them out with some GPS or something. Frivolous, yes, but taking into consideration they have already been stolen twice, not that far off base.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home