Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Magnet for Rain

I'm not really sure what the problem is. I went for a ride on Sunday. It was supposed to be a decent paced 40 miler. Of course when we were about 14-15 miles out it starts raining. No, not raining, it was monsoon season. I felt like I should have been looking for an ark out there. I though Noah was going to pull up beside us and as us if we needed a lift. Cycling on roads with at least an inch of water... not the greatest of times. So, we cut it short and only went 30 miles.

Yesterday:
I went for a biweekly ride with some guys in town. They are just some guys that like to get out and hammer it. 10 miles in, it starts raining on us. Cool. At least it only lasted for about 5-10 minutes. Then the sun came out again and it was off to the races, which is partly why I got lost, but that is another story all together.

Today:
I was out running some trails. I went out for a nice and easy run to get my legs some blood flow. I saw some either National Guard or Army soldiers in the woods running in formation early on in my run. I got about another 10 or 15 minutes further into my run and heard a couple loud noises. Over my iPod mix, I assumed they were the troops firing some blanks at something. Nope... It started to sprinkle a bit. Then it started raining a little harder. I looked around at the woods and said, "Is, is that hail?" Sure as shit it was. It started hailing on me. Not big enough to hurt, just enough to piss a guy off. Then as soon as it started it stopped and the sun came out. F-ing Midwest weather.

Tomorrow:
God only knows what it will do. Hitting up the group to ride again. So, who knows. Will I plan ahead and bring some arm warmers or rain jacket? Probably not. I'm stubborn and bull-headed. I'll just hammer through it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home