Thursday, June 22, 2006

News

Knees, Hips, Ankles, Shoulders, elbows, lest we forget wrist, and even some knuckles, such is the life I lead right now. I'm on my way out right now, so this will be short. I have fully adjusted to my "up at 4:30" schedule. No cases this morning, so it'll be clinic all day. Not just clinic, but prisoner clinic. WOO HOO! Get excited.

Procedures seen that have been cool:
Dupuytren's contracture release
Recurrent carpal tunnel release with hypothenar fat pad support
ORIF of 3rd and 4th MC
TKA

I don't really have time to explain right now, since I'm jetting in 2.5 seconds to make rounds and then team rounds.

Oh, had a patient yesterday that was high on some kind of narcotic at the clinic. Tried to examine her foot, which had been broken for 7 months she claimed, she was almost screaming. So, my staff came in and man handled her foot and told her to get off her ass and walk on it. Ballsy. I liked it!

More from the land of bone and joints soon. Time for rounds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home