Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Steps and Hoops

I am finished. Done with being in the hell hole of America. Done with being in a classroom. Done with not seeing patients for 2 years, but learning about diseases. Done with Step 1! Just another hoop to jump through. Just another step in the process of medical school. Just another step in the process of life.

So, with all that being said and me sobering up from last night, I will be moving to Indianapolis. Leaving all the smells and (train) bells behind. (If you have ever been to TH, you know about the smells and trains.) I'm just trying not to gloat in front of my friends, but after 2 years of class, when you finish, you have to gloat a little just to blow off some steam.

So, look forward to posts about patients. (No, I'm not going to violate HIPAA and give names and/or other identifying information.) Well, unless it's one of my friends. Look forward to happier posts, since being holed up in a shit-hole town studying like mad for 2 years doesn't exactly make me happy. New town (but not really new to me), new apt, new roommate, new tasks, new friends, new responsibilities, new opportunities. (I know this post is lame, but it helps me, so don't read if you don't want to.)

I'm taking some time off after I move tomorrow and going to a friend's wedding, going riding with a couple of my friends, going to see about a girl, going to spend some time in Michigan horsing around. Posts will be scant for the next month until I get settled in my rotation. I'm not sure what my call schedule is going to be like. Also, this is the last 3 weeks of my life that I won't have a pager attached to my hip. In 3 weeks, I will be "available" pretty much at all times. Sometimes I feel like I need to "unplug," even now, when I'm not that hooked in.

For the next 3 weeks I have no responsibility. I'm going riding and running as much as possible. I might do a couple brick workouts, (if you don't know what a brick is, in regards to cycling and running, look it up) hit the pool, and look for a sprint or an olympic tri to do. I'm going golfing as much as possible, going out as much as possible, avoiding my exes as much as possible. (There are just some people that you don't want to see out at the bar... several names come to mind... quite a few actually)

The next 3 weeks are the last summer break that I will ever have. The next 3 weeks are the last break that I get until Christmas. (After that until I take time off to interview.) I finally get to hang out with my friends from college again. I have been in exile for 21 months. Although 2 of my friends are getting married this summer/fall. Idiots. I'm glad they are elated about it, 'cause I'm certainly not.

Farewell to blogging from TH. Farewell to living on a highway with constant traffic, no matter the time of day. Farewell to people I don't care to see again in my life. And... I'm out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats.
best of luck.
carpe the diem.
i know i do.
-DLMWS

5/24/2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home