Sunday, March 04, 2007

Fast forward update

Okay, here we go with another manic post:

I am dating someone. She is awesome. She runs. She is sassy. She is hot. She is also very smart. She enjoys sushi. She likes me, thank god. She is also friends with my roommate's GF, which is also a plus. Down side? She lives in Chicago currently, and I don't. That can change very quickly. Well, within a year.

I am on Pediatric Neurosurgery currently. I enjoy it. The cases are wicked complicated and cool. Cranial reconstruction on a 2 month old is awesome however you look at it. This rotation has swayed me somewhat to consider Peds Ortho more seriously. My outpatient Peds experience kind of left me with a bad taste for peds.

I am trying to decide where the hell to spend the next 5 to 7 years of my life. I'm looking at pretty much every Orthopaedics program in the midwest and beyond. It is so damn hard to sift through the bullshit and get to what the program has to really offer. I also want to be close to Chicago, for reasons that are stupid and selfish, but I really like this girl. I know that I shouldn't let my feelings dictate where I spend 5 to 7 years, but it's hard when you're a sucker for a beautiful woman who rocks.

You know when you see someone who you know, but you are not sure how? Well I had that experience the other day at work. Some nurse came up to me and started talking to me like we were long lost friends. I don't know how I know her face, but I do. I don't think it was from college, but it could have been... Damn it. That is so frustrating.

Okay, off to bed. The hours on Peds Neurosurg are good, but not that good. It is still a surgical service.

Rage -OUT

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/07/nucas107.xml

3/14/2007 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home