Tuesday, January 16, 2007

new interests

So, I recently started dating someone, a rarity for me. (I just don't date. I am very very picky and tend to be very critical of people.) So, you can see why I rarely date. That and I am usually sitting with my face in a book. Nonetheless, I found someone who actually likes me, also a rarity. The cynicism tends to fend them off. I was told recently by a friend that I'm intimidating. I still don't believe that, but I can start to begin to see what she was trying to get at.

Anyhoo, finding someone outside of the medical professions is a fantastic relief. Not to mention that we get along great, we have similar likes and dislikes, and did I mention that I have pulled the wool over her eyes about me being a nice person? Oh, she likes sushi. Such huge bonus points. So, what am I trying to get at? That I might actually like a person? That I might actually allow myself to be vulnerable? I don't know about all that yet, but maybe, someday...

As I type this, I am sitting at my new desk. A monstrosity of a desk, weighing in a close to 140 kilos, and taking all of 4-5 hours (total) to put together. The thing is over six foot tall, opens up to something more than that, and closes up to look like an armoire. I lugged all the pieces around for this damn thing and now my back feels like I was midget tossing Russian circus clowns. Not sure where that came from, but whatever. I'm tired, it's late for me, and I'm out.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're dating a Russian circus clown?!? your posts suck you non-sequitor.
FYI.
i miss you. no Dr. Dahl this January.
i am crying inside.
-DLMWS

1/17/2007 1:21 AM  
Blogger MegWardBopp said...

Who said I was a friend of yours? Shit, I haven't been paid. ;) Glad you're happy. I miss you too, only unlike DLMWS I have hope of getting some Boppie/Dr.Metz time in the near future. "holla" yeah...that's all I got. Did I tell you I'm druink blogging waiting for DLMWS to finish his business? Okay...I'm going to put an end to this one before I embarrass myself. xoxo

1/17/2007 7:48 PM  
Blogger Faithful Soles said...

I enjoyed reading your posts and your great dry sense of humor. Keep up the good work on your training (and dating).

2/27/2007 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home