Thursday, January 04, 2007

secrecy

One thing that really f-ing pisses me off is when people lie to me or keep things from me. It infuriates me even more if I call them out on keeping things from me and yet the continue to do it. I understand that not everything is my business, but with friends? What can be so important not to just talk about it and then move on? Seriously? I'm sure that context would be helpful, but I can't even provide that. I am left without context clues and only my incredibly imaginative mind to lead me.

The real issue when people lie or withhold information is that you feel betrayed. Now, if we are talking about someone that you don't know, then that's a different story. If you have a "friend" treat you this way, one tends to feel betrayed and rightly pissed off. I'm sure it is nothing, but that is not the point. The point is that honesty is the linchpin for any relationship of trust. Now, if you have relationships without the premise of trust being intrinsic to them, you have other issues. These can be relationships at work, with family, with friends, with partners... If open honesty without fear of reproach is absent, you might as well be pissing in the wind.

I just had a revelation (well, one that I have previously had, but it happened again). There are some people in life that just seem to have a knack for inciting drama. These people are to be shied away from. They are not good to have as friends nor as friends of friends. They are like plague. They infect those around them and poison them. Their poison, however innocuous seeming, spreads to others. Much in the same way, albeit in reverse, as people say that a smile is contagious. These people are germs, who need to be removed from society or grouped together. If we put all the drama inciters together would there be so much tension that a person could spontaneously combust? I think these are the unnamed situations where people have actually witnessed SHC. So, without further ado, let us bring together the drama queens and have ourselves a barbecue. I guarantee if these people were eliminated from mainstream society, the use of antidepressants and other assorted psychiatric drugs would plummet. This could in part eliminate a portion of the funds being paid out by social services and thus help out Medicare and Medicaid. So, in removing the drama queens we would be helping future generations.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know what results when you give a diatribe against drama queens? you sound like a drama queen.
bitch.
i'll save you some snow if you head west. remember Vail last year where we shoved you off a mogul run in a blind blizzard. you knew it was love when i chased your ass down though!

1/06/2007 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home