Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sick

I feel about as good as a Cuban immigrant packed into the cargo hold of a 20 ft. boat along with 12 of my other countrymen seeking political asylum. Unsure of whether I'll make it safe or get thrown back to the wolves. I'm sick. I feel as if someone is trying to play the game Operation in my throat using a hot poker instead of the traditional forceps. At least my hacking cough has ceased to produce a nice green tinged phlegm. Sexy huh? Stupid Family Practice with everyone having a cold... Only one more week.

Besides that, things are peachy. I'm up to my eyeballs in problems with females. Deciding what to do with one or the other. Deciding if I should tell one that I can't stop thinking about her. Deciding if I should tell the complete truth to another. Deciding if I should call it quits with another. Deciding... Why do I have to be so contemplative? I just want to get through this next year, then I'm outtie.

In 18 months I can finally move away from IN. Thank the Lord. The only thing that is keeping me here is the fact that my parents live here. I have no more attachments to people. I no longer feel required to stay for some individual. No longer will I be in school... 18 months.

On the bright side of things, ND plays Army this weekend. Tailgating and drinking for the weekend. Friends are coming to visit for the weekend.

This post sucks. Sorry. I'm tired and I have to get up and see crazy people tomorrow at the psych hospital. Ugh. My preceptor keeps trying to get me to see people that have "good cuts." He is hoping that we get a patient with extensive self-mutilation. Is he twisted or what? He is a weird guy, no doubt. I basically told my course director today to not use this guy again. Not that I have anything against him, other than his personality and mine clash, but I don't think he's all that good of a teacher. Whatever. Sorry I lapsed into school.

I'm looking for a marathon to do next year. Maybe a destination marathon? Anyone interested? By the way, I'm looking for a girl who likes to workout, knows something about sports, likes food, and can be ready in 15 minutes. I'm also looking for another half marathon to do next year. That way I'll have a marathon and two halves in addition to 5Ks here and there. I'm also looking for some aerobars for my bike. If anyone has some cheap ones, let me know. I've also resolved to do a century next year.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my own apartment, sleeping in my own bed, riding my bikes. Nothing better than hitting up mountain trails in the winter wearing full spandex. I'll send pics...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RAGE,
about the lady problems, call me. seriously. i always make the right decision with ladies. i never make mistakes. i'll just tap you into my worldly wisdom, free of charge.
yes, leave IN ASAP. then your Momma can come visit you.
also, come run the Denver Marathon. if you commit, i'll do it with you; what more do you need out of a destination!?
your post reminded me of Rocco in Boondock Saints: right in the middle, "i know, i know, this joke sucks, i'm not funny today..." to this we say, "continue the joke!"
have a good weekend.
kiss your friend on the lips for me.
-DLMWS

11/16/2006 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home